Specialized Treatment Services
Our highly trained staff and supervisors have broad experience providing trauma-informed therapy to a range of trauma survivors and their families, as well as expert consultation to agencies seeking to enhance their trauma-focused service delivery. Treatment and consultation are individualized based on the specific needs and preferences of each client/agency.
Specialized Treatment Approaches
Treatment typically begins with a careful evaluation to determine the relative contributions of trauma, temperament, biology, and other factors to each client’s presenting concerns and to help us gain a complete picture of each client’s strengths, resources, and areas of need. Based on this evaluation, and in close collaboration with the client, our clinicians develop an individualized treatment plan.
Our clinicians utilize an integrative approach to treatment that draws on psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal/relational, experiential, family systems, and other clinical frameworks. Our general philosophy recognizes both the physiological and psychological impacts of trauma and the importance of paying attention to both through treatment that bridges mind and body. In addition, Trauma Center clinicians have extensive training and experience in a variety of specialized treatment modalities, which may be integrated into treatment or offered on an adjunctive basis, as appropriate. These treatment approaches include:
For All Ages:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR—Level II)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)-based Individual & Group Interventions & Coaching
- Expressive Art Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy approaches to trauma treatment
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Structured Approaches to the Treatment of Clinical Dissociation, including Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Ego-State therapy
- Yoga Services
- Attachment, Self-regulation, & Competency (ARC)
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy - Adaptations (PCIT-A)
For information about or to enroll in services, contact the Clinical Intake Coordinator • (617) 232-0687.