Links to Other Resources
- American Red Cross - A multilingual site for help with recovering emotionally from disasters.
- HelpPRO Therapist Finder - Comprehensive listings of local therapists specializing in trauma and other concerns, serving specific age groups, accepting payment options and more.
- David Baldwin's Trauma Information Pages - Comprehensive information and resources.
- Post-Traumatic Gazette
- Sidran Foundation - includes Traumatic Memories Brochure and PsychTrauma Glossary.
- The CHiLD SURViVOR of Traumatic Stress - Electronic journal for professionals by Kenneth E. Fletcher, PhD.
- JimHopper.com - Info on the stages of recovery, recovered memories, and other issues.
- JBS Disability Services Center- Info on an educational tool to help build state-by-state and provider capacity to serve children and youth who have experienced trauma.
- Top 5 Mental Health Problems Facing College Students- Description of common mental health issues in early adulthood, along with resource links.
- Student Mental Health Guidebook - General overview of common mental health challenges facing college students, and links to resources.
- Suicide Prevention for College Students - A guide on emergency assistance, warning signs & prevention of suicide in college students.
- Careers in Mental Health - Information on pursuing a career in mental health.
- Suicide and Depression Awareness for Students- A guide to understanding and preventing suicide among students.
- Student Safety Guide - A safety guide including sexual assault for campus-based and online students.
Non-Profit Trauma Organizations and Foundations
- Healing Tree: Connects those who have suffered trauma with resources necessary for healing, provides education to professionals across fields and the public at large that promotes awareness, effective intervention and cutting edge treatment and offers empowerment through producing arts projects that encourage a healing movement.
- Life is Good Foundation
- Boston Children's Foundation
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- International Society for the Study of Dissociation
- National Center for PTSD
- New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation (NESTTD)
- EMDR International Association
- The Sidran Foundation offers a referral list of professional therapists, as well as a fact sheet on how to choose a therapist for PTSD and dissociative disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health, Anxiety Disorder Resources
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Rescue Workers Online
- Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance (MOVA)
- Department of Justice Office for Victims of Crime and Bureau of Justice Assistance - Human Trafficking Task Force e-Guide
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America offer a referral network of professional therapists and a self-help group network
- 1in6: An organization serving men sexually abused as children
- There & Back Again: Navigating Life After War
Youth Violence Prevention
Specific Trauma Topics and Treatments
- Dealing With Sexual Abuse - Aids for Professionals, Students, and Individuals, PublicHealth.org
- Recovered Memories of Sexual Abuse: Scientific Research & Scholarly Resources
- The Recovered Memory Project - Archive compiled by Ross Cheit at Brown University.
- Abuse, Memory, Science, Therapy, Ethics & Malpractice - Resources from Kenneth S. Pope, Ph.D.
- EMDR Institute - Information about this powerful brief treatment.
- Combat PTSD Medications Pamphlet - Jonathan Shay, M.D.
- Mental Health for Youth in Armed Conflict
Information and Support
- Traumatology - Electronic journal, edited by Charles Figley.
- PILOTS database at Dartmouth is a searchable database of the world's literature on post-traumatic stress disorder, produced by the National Center for PTSD.
- National Center for PTSD - includes links to the PTSD Research Quarterly and National Center Divisions, including Behavioral Science Division, Clinical Neurosciences Division, Pacific Islands Division, Women's Health Sciences Division, and Education and Clinical Laboratory Division.
- PubMed, including Advanced Search and Journal Browser
- Office for Victims of Crime in the Department of Justice - Provides a variety of resources for victims of crime in the United States and Internationally, including the National Directory of Victim Assistance Funding Opportunities 2001 (1MB pdf), which lists, by state and territory, the contact names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses for the federal grant programs that provide assistance to crime victims.