Post-Graduate Social Work Fellowship
PART TIME ADVANCED POSTGRADUATE SOCIAL WORK FELLOWSHIP
Must have Child/Family Therapy Experience
The Trauma Center at Justice Resource Institute is accepting applications for a two-year advanced, postgraduate social work fellowship beginning in September 2017. The goal of the program is to provide social workers exposure to the clinical models of trauma studies and trauma informed treatment. Fellows will develop clinical expertise to effectively assess, diagnose and treat children, adolescents, families and adults impacted by adverse experiences, with a particular focus on developing competency in treating complex posttraumatic stress.
We are looking for dedicated and curious clinicians who are passionate about serving children, adolescents, families and adults impacted by adverse life experiences, and who are committed to expand their expertise in field of trauma informed treatment. This part-time position requires a minimum of 12 direct clinical service hours and 3 hours of clinical intake screening per week. Direct clinical service hours are reimbursed on a fully fee-for-service basis with potential to build up to a full time fee-for-service clinical position. The position may become benefits-eligible when the fellow is consistently working a minimum of 20 hours per week. Accepted fellows will be working at an internationally recognized center for the assessment and treatment of Traumatic Stress, receiving individual and group supervision from trauma specialists and practicing as part of an intelligent and motivated multidisciplinary team.
Eligible Candidates must:
- Have an LCSW or be eligible to take the LCSW exam in Massachusetts by August 2017
- Have clinical experience at the graduate level working with children and families. Formal training and experience using one of more of the following trauma interventions is highly desired: expressive art therapy, DBT, TF-CBT, PCIT, Attachment Focused Treatment, SMART and/or ARC
- Availability to meet with clients Monday, Wednesday and Fridays and schedule at least two evenings per week, attend weekly clinical team on Thursday mornings from 10:30am to 11:45
- Bilingual and multicultural clinicians are encouraged to apply
The Trauma Center/MBHC offers you the following:
- 1 hour individual supervision and 1 hour group supervision weekly
- 1.25 hours weekly clinical team meeting
- Enrollment in the Trauma Certificate Program led by Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- free and reduced-cost seminars and conferences
- Potential research opportunities
- Highly skilled team members
- Competitive Fee-For-Service Reimbursement for direct clinical service
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume/CV, and 3 letters of recommendation to Heather Finn, LICSW, Associate Clinical Director, Trauma Center at JRI, 1269 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete application packages must be received by Wednesday, February 15, 2017 to be considered for this opportunity.
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community and people with disabilities.
Contact Heather Finn, LICSW at email@example.com or call 617-232-1303 x2013.